Students interested in departmental honors in German should speak with the Director of Undergraduate Studies no later than the beginning of the Fall semester of their senior year.
To qualify for departmental honors in German, students should
- Earn at least a 3.5 Grade Point Average in their major courses;
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in speaking and writing German; and
- Complete a 3-credit senior honors project (in addition to the credits required for the major) that has been accepted by the departmental faculty. Senior honors projects may include:
- A semester-long, independent research project, as an extension of the senior thesis written during the capstone seminar; or
- Taking an exam on a comprehensive reading list developed by the student in consultation with the faculty.